does acute HIV infection comes together with a positive hiv test?

Does the acute infection(having the symptoms) comes together with the antibody test being positive? and how long does the symptoms last. I have been having symptoms for more than 4 weeks that wont go away now.. i've tested at 6 weeks after possible infection (negative) worried sick :<

Favorite Answer

You can IM me if you want. Symptoms of acute hiv infection are high fever, night sweats, flu like symptoms which occur about 3 weeks after getting infected with hiv. Then the virus goes dormant in the body, and resurfaces later.

It's possible to still test negative at 6 weeks even though the virus is there in your body. If you test neg and still suspect you have the virus test again.

Source(s): I'm an RN. I've taken care of many HIV/Aids patients.

it could mean that you could especially if you have had it for 4 weeks

but...

you cannot rely on symptoms to say whether you have HIV or not

the only effective way is to get a test, so within the few more weeks keep getting tested and hopefully it will all be negative

and stay clean and whatnot, we don't want you getting HIV

If your so concerened go get tested again. It is the flu season you know, so you could just be getting an honest to God case of the flu.