Can fruit lose it's nutrients?

I'm going to buy me a blender, I want to make fruit drinks (no milk or ice cream) just fruit. Will the fruit lose nutrients from being blended. I was told that, but I don't think that statment is true..you're bascially just cutting the fruit, right?

Favorite Answer

With some fruits nutrients are in the skin or peel but I wouldn't worry too muich they have plenty to go around

You will lose a small amount of nutrients if you peel the fruit (like apples). But otherwise you will be OK.

We are supposed to get 5 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday. You will be beyond that with your fruit drinks so you will be a few steps ahead of most people.

Also change your fruits daily. Make sure that throughout the week you get a lot of colors in that blender. This is how you cover your maximum vitamins and nutrients.

As long as you eat them immediately, they don't lose their nutrients.

no, as long as you drink all the juice that comes from it. Cooking it "kills" the good stuff.

Yes, it will.

Source(s): My father