ellegee3012 asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

Which is the easiest type of bird to train to talk?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Personally I feel that as long as you spend the time with your bird when they are young and talk to it alot, they are likely to talk. Mine is a green cheeked conure, I got him at 2mths,he is now 7yrs. His vocabulary is huge. But like I said, you really have to work with them early.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Petals
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

African Grays. However, if you are allergic to dust, carefully consider another choice, because Grays and cockatoos (and cockatiels) are known for having the largest quantities of feather dust, and are often give-aways for that reason.

Another, smaller bird that is a beaked-tape recorder is a conure.

However -- and this is an exception! -- the record-holding bird for the largest vocabulary is Puck the (late) parakeet:

http://birdwithmostwords.com/

Source(s): This gives a trainability/personality sketch of some of the more affordable parrots : http://www.birdcagedesign.com/birdcagearchive.html Please bear in mind that not all species that can talk, will. A proven "talker" costs more. Moral: buy a bird with a personality you love if you cannot afford one that already talks.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

African Gray Parrots, especially males.

If given time and patience, almost all parrots can mimic voice.

If you want a tallking parrot, get only one. 2 parrots will be more interested in eachother that learning to talk for you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Definitely - African greys. They are very smart, have a clear voice and can have a huge vocabulary.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jusme
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Budgie!

Source(s): experience
  • 1 decade ago

African Grey!

• 1 decade ago

AFRICAN GREYS, DOUBLE YELOW HEADED AMAZONS AND QUAKER PARROTS ARE SAID TO BE THE BEST.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say the budgie( parakeet).

• 1 decade ago

African grey

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.