Why is my yahoo toolbar greyed out?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the yahoo toolbar for IE and it will not work. It stays greyed out under view/toolbars, but does show up in add remove programs. I have downloaded it for Mozilla and it works fine. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE thinking it is a compatablity issue. I have also stopped my antivirus software upon installation in order to rule out conflict there, but no success...

Favorite Answer

RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE IN TOOLBAR SECTION OF THE BROWSER AND MAKE SURE STANDARD BUTTONS IS CHECKER IN POPUP MENU. IT SHOULD BE THERE SELECT IT.

IF YOU USE FIREFOX: ITS THE SAME AS INTERNET EXPLORER, EXCEPT THE OPTION IS CALLED NAVIGATION TOOLBAR. I HOPE THIS HELP:-)

Here are the steps to turning back on greyed / grayed out tool bars like Yahoo, Yahoo Beta, Google, Adobe PDF and LinkedIn Toolbar.

1 - Launch Internet Explorer

2 - Goto menu bar and select tools *[if no menu bar see below]

3 - Choose "Manage Add-Ons..."

4 - Subselect "Enable or disable Add-Ons"

A dialog window will come up showing the currently loaded toolbars. In the disabled section select the toolbar plugin and in the settings below chose "enable." Click ok. Close and relaunch Internet Explorer and now when you right click in the menu bar you should be able to select and activate your toolbar!

* Note in IE7 your menubar may not be turned on. To activate it right click with your mouse button in the empty area to the right of a tab web page (above your web page and below the URL) and choose "menu bar" to turn it on. You should now see File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools and Help at the top.

Additional info: I had this problem too under Win XP. It happened after I removed IE7 on my PC using Add or Remove programs in the control panel (Add/Remove Windows Components). Reinstalling IE7, IE6 and uninstalling and reinstalling the Yahoo toolbar made no difference. It stayed greyed out. If Vista uses IE7 I assume the problem and solution are the same.