what is my engine size exactly?

I have a 350, 400 crank, 14-hour port & polish, bored 50, flat top pistons, bigger valves seated, performer rpm cam, intake, and carb by edelbrock,high velocity oil pump corvette oil pan and balanced and blueprinted. ive heard of boring a 350 out to a 402. so what is mine?

Favorite Answer

Bore and stroke on a 350 is 4" and 3.48". After the work you've gone to 4.050" and a stroke of 3.75". The formula for the volume of a cylinder is pi*r^2*h, so,

3.14159*(4.050/2)^2*3.75*8(cylinders) = 386.475

Source(s): Bore and stroke info from http://www.mortec.com/borstrok.htm

A 350 with a 400 crank will put you cubic inches in the middle, since the stroke is longer, but you maintain the bore of the 350.....so theretically you would be at 375 CI The 350 has a stroke of 3.48 and the 400 of 3.75" The bores are 4.0" for the 350 and 4.1" for the 400.

• Nomadd

Brian gave you the bore and stroke for a 383, not a 350. Boring 50 over in a 350 will give you almost exactly 10 cubic inches more. You now have a 360.

I am not totally sure on this, but I think you have a 383 stroker.

Small block with a 400 crank means you increased the length of your piston travel, given it more cubes per cylinder. That's a nice set up and there is a lot of horsepower options for that.

I have a "427" in my 69 camaro.

The displacement of the engine is the bore times pi times the stroke times the number of cylinders, rounded off to the nearest cubic inch or cc. It has nothing to do with the cam or the oil pan. I think you just like to brag. Do you have photos of your engine or the rest of the car online?

360? 400?