Losing weight during pregnancy?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and found out about a month ago that I have gestational diabetes.I am on a strick low carb diet and 3 insulin shots a day to control my blood sugar.Since I have started the low carb diet I have lost 9 pounds-and it worrys me.I should be gaining weight at 32 weeks-not losing so much.Has anyone else been through this or know someone who has?Will it hurt the baby?I cannot eat more calories because high calorie foods have tons of carbs.

Favorite Answer

you should take care of yourself becasue now its two that need to be cared for well i dont think it will hurt the baby at all but you have to eat really healthy and 3eat lots of vegtables.fruits etc

Choose best sleep position Your back is the best position

always have vegetables on hand saute a big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor and separate into portion sized containers for the fridge

jog on the treadmill at 4 mph for 25 minutes or at 7 mph for 9 minutes

alternate between cat pose cow pose and downward dog 13 times holding each for 30 seconds

Not eating or skipping meals is not dieting If you do you may get more weight

love the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino skip the whole milk and whipped cream which packs in 410 calories total and order the starbucks grande caramel frappuccino light which is only 140 calories

• Cammie

Talk to your doctors. Maybe you calorie intake needs to be increased?

Congrats and good luck.

you may be used to fried foods but there are other sometimes healthier ways to cook including roasting steaming poaching baking braising and broiling

energize plain tasting proteins such as eggs or chicken with metabolism boosting chili pepper sauce