is it true that lots of muslims are converting to sufism?

this is what i was told by some leading muslim thinkers. is it true?

if so why?

and bahaism too

yogangal i agree

Favorite Answer

No, it's a typo, they are becoming Surfers. It's really weird to see a chick on a board with a berka though.

• mil's

Sufism is a mystical school of Islam. If a Muslim embraces one, he will still be a Muslim. It may happen because of the Muslim's inner crave for utter spiritual pleasure, for Sufism is about knowing and understanding God, to the extent that when a sufi reads the holy Quran for instance, he will feel as if God is actually talking or communicating with him. It can also occur due to the disgust felt by Muslims in regards with what is happening in the world these days, thus creating the need for God's proximity (to be close to Him).

In spite of that, a common non-sufi Muslim can also enjoy such spiritual pleasure by living his life for God, and enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong (amar makruf nahi mungkar). In fact, a Muslim like me does enjoy reading Sufi masterpieces like Rubayyat of Omar Khayyam, Masnavi of Rumi, etc.

God knows best

Happy Eid al-Adha.

Peace and Love

=)

Sufism is a very beautiful belief system. I have seen nothing to give me any indication that those that follow Muslim beliefs were converting to this form of religion in any significant numbers.

Can you provide more supporting evidence of this?

Sufism is apart of Islam

so even if u r a Suphist u still Muslim.

mystisism is considered less threatening- besides Bawa is really cool. I am Baha'i and I actually teetered between that and Sikhism for a while. I finally declared because the Faith desribed everything in my heart. I didn't have to leave any part of my heart at home to be a believer. It also added something new. Having been a Baha'i for almost 14 years I would desccribe it as a marraige. I don't always agree with everything but it's the commitment that makes it worth it.

Acouple of known sufis have become mainstream lecturers in the U.S. such as Hamza Yusef. But sufism will never be a majority.

• Shossi

Sufism is a branch of Islam. And, many people want a more spiritual and mystical kind of religion. You can find this is all faiths.

its not true............. lot of muslims are inspired but u cant say converting. converting is not good word. use inspire instead

nope 1st time i hear that.....

my best friend's family is muslim...and they havent converted

so my answer is no

nope