Losing weight during pregnancy?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and found out about a month ago that I have gestational diabetes.I am on a strick low carb diet and 3 insulin shots a day to control my blood sugar.Since I have started the low carb diet I have lost 9 pounds-and it worrys me.I should be gaining weight at 32 weeks-not losing so much.Has anyone else been through this or know someone who has?Will it hurt the baby?I cannot eat more calories because high calorie foods have tons of carbs.

• Favorite Answer

My sister lost 11 pounds in one month for no apparent reason. As long as your under a doctor's care you will be fine. I only gained 10 pounds during my entire pregnancy due to puking non stop day end and day out the entire time i was pregnant until the day i had my son. He was born healthy and he weighed 4lbs, 15.6oz when he was born and got out of the hospital the same day as i did,

Don't worry and congrats

I currently have been losing weight during this pregnancy I'm 21 weeks and lost 12 pounds so far.

ACTUALLY to be honest I lost 15 pounds with my last pregnancy. I am 100 pounds overweight. SO with the better eating I was doing last time and the inability to eat this time (nausia and sever food adversions) I have lost the weight.

SINCE you've changed to a low carb diet and moneturing your insilin levels you are bound to lose weight. Just as long as your doctor is aware and monoturing.

With my first pregnancy My midwifes mentioned that the baby is STILL getting all the nutrients it needed. PLUS the stored fat on my has other nutrients that IF I was not taking in by food my metabolism was burning them and using them

Many women lose weight during pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies. The baby will take the nutrients that it needs and you get what is left. You should be getting some form of good carbs, like whole grains. I have type II diabetes and had to be on insulin when I was pregnant with my son and even with eating good carbs I was able to keep my blood sugars under control. Walking is a good way to keep your blood sugars down too, as long as you don't have to be on bedrest.

The doctors have to keep the diabetes in control because it is more a risk to the baby then loosing weight. Here is a link to healthy eating for people with diabetes. Don't look at weight loss as a problem, as long as you go to the check ups and the doctor says you are fine

http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/diabetes/diet.asp

I am not diabetic so I don't know if my experience pertains to your situation. I did lose weight with all three of my pregnancies and all my babies were just fine.

Your baby will get the nutrition he or she needs. The danger is to you. There are lots of hight calorie foods that are low in carbohydrates. Peanut Butter being one. It has Carbohydrates however it is "complex" carbohydrates which do not affect your blood suger like "simple" carbohydrates (candies, white flour and white rice and a lot of pasta) do. The weight loss can also be attributed to your high blood sugar. What does your doctor say about it?

chew gum while you cook

do 250 breaststrokes about 10 minutes

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

Shouldn't be a problem. As long as your baby is still active