What specifically did Archie Bunker do for a living?

I know he worked for the Prendergast Tool and Die Company in Manhattan, but what was his job title? In some episodes I got the impression he was a truck loader, while in others he drove a forklift, while in others still i think he was a foreman. Am I getting this mixed-up with something else?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, he loaded trucks... WITH a forklift!!! Later he was promoted to the dock foreman. Later yet he quit and bought and ran a bar. Archie Bunker’s Place.

• Login to reply the answers
  • powley
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Where Did Archie Bunker Work

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He was a shipping administrator, I think. In one episode, he was docked in his pay because he shipped something to London, England, instead of London, Ontario, so he sounds like a foreman or administrator. Not management, though.

• Barbara4 years agoReport

yes, they docked his pay at christmas time and took the money from his christmas bonus so he could only give edith a handkerchief for christmas..he was humiliated..love to watch the old archie bunkers shows and cannot believe all that he could say in those days.

• 1 decade ago

He did do all those jobs, his last was foreman. He also moon lighted as a Taxi driver. In one episode her ran over Barney Hefner's dog.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

While flushing is a specific town in Queens, the post office calls any area that has a zipcode that starts with 113xx flushing. I always thought it was Astoria.

• 1 decade ago

In some episodes he drove a cab, so maybe he was a "Jack of all trades, master of none."

• 1 decade ago

He was a tool and die maker.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.