What specifically did Archie Bunker do for a living?

I know he worked for the Prendergast Tool and Die Company in Manhattan, but what was his job title? In some episodes I got the impression he was a truck loader, while in others he drove a forklift, while in others still i think he was a foreman. Am I getting this mixed-up with something else?

Favorite Answer

Yes, he loaded trucks... WITH a forklift!!! Later he was promoted to the dock foreman. Later yet he quit and bought and ran a bar. Archie Bunker’s Place.

• powley

Where Did Archie Bunker Work

• ?

He was a shipping administrator, I think. In one episode, he was docked in his pay because he shipped something to London, England, instead of London, Ontario, so he sounds like a foreman or administrator. Not management, though.

• Barbara4 years agoReport

yes, they docked his pay at christmas time and took the money from his christmas bonus so he could only give edith a handkerchief for christmas..he was humiliated..love to watch the old archie bunkers shows and cannot believe all that he could say in those days.

He did do all those jobs, his last was foreman. He also moon lighted as a Taxi driver. In one episode her ran over Barney Hefner's dog.

While flushing is a specific town in Queens, the post office calls any area that has a zipcode that starts with 113xx flushing. I always thought it was Astoria.

In some episodes he drove a cab, so maybe he was a "Jack of all trades, master of none."

He was a tool and die maker.