Was Dujail Trial Fundamentally a Flaw?

“The proceedings in the Dujail trial were fundamentally unfair,” said Nehal Bhuta of the International Justice program at Human Rights Watch and author of the report. “The tribunal squandered an important opportunity to deliver credible justice to the people of Iraq. And its imposition of the death penalty after an unfair trial is indefensible.”

The report, entitled “Judging Dujail: The First Trial Before the Iraqi High Tribunal,” is based on 10 months of observation and dozens of interviews with judges, prosecutors and defense lawyers, and is the most comprehensive analysis to date of the trial. Human Rights Watch, which has demanded the prosecution of Saddam Hussein and his lieutenants for more than a decade, was one of only two international organizations that had a regular observer presence in the courtroom.

• Jaff
    Favorite Answer

Undemocratic and flaw.

Sorry,I was roasting a marshmellow near the crematory cooking Saddam.What was the question?

I've heard this and I've also heard conflicting reports. Those that backed Saddam say it was injustice and those that didn't said he had a fair trial. Oh well, he's dead and gone.....NEXT!