Jasper asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat is 15 years old. My roomate mistakenly stepped on her over three weeks ago and since she has been?

hiding and running away from him and overall acting strangely. I know there isn't anything physically wrong with her because I just recently took her to the vet and she had an exam and bloodwork and everything was fine. Isn't this strange?

Favorite Answer

No, it's not strange at all.

He stepped on her, so she's going to keep her distance for awhile because right now she doesn't trust that he won't step on her again.

You know it was an accident, your roomated knows it was an accident, the cat doesn't.

All she know is that person stepped on her and she's going to stay clear for awhile.

• Bobyns

No.

Sounds like a smart cat-doesn't want to get stepped on again.

My cat runs and hides from just one person.

I'm glad you took her to the vet.

Cats are a good judge of character. I'm sure your cat just didn't like being stepped on by an oaf and has decided it best just to avoid him.

Source(s): BTW you look pretty masculine for being called a female! :)

She is scared of him, nothing more. Her age has nothing to do with it, any cat will get this way. Particularly since you are female and her "person" and he is male and not her "person."

Think of this as stepchildren behaving to a new stepparent.

Your roommates best bet is to try and bribe her with her favorite treats. Have him feed her dinner as well regularly.

• Maggie

It isn't strange that she is hiding from him now. She remembers and doesn't want it to happen to her again. She doesn't know that he didn't do it on purpose. She will eventually get over it.

well it probley scared her half to death. she aint gonna forget that quick. she associates ur roommate with pain(of being stepped on). just give her some time to warm back up to ur roomamte. try pickin her up and making ur roomate pet her and comfort her so she can relize that ur roommate aint gonna hurt her..... she needs to know that she aint in trouble and it was a accident.... give her time

That cat's smart. I'd stay away from your roommate too if he stepped on me.

Being stepped on hurt and scared her so now she is just being cautious. She'll get over it soon enough.

well for one she's a FEMALE cat, and lets face us females can pretty tempermental!! I'd go and hide too if someone stepped on me, she will come out when she wants too.

Your friend must've really stepped down on her hard. She's just a lot smarter now. She survived it !