my neighbor died and he has no family who gets his house if he owes only the taxes on it from the last 3 year?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It'll probably go to the county for back taxes, and then be put on tax sale. But, they'll try to verify first whether or not there's ANY relatives left at all that may have an interest.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Unfortunately when there is a death and there is no family to inhereit the estate the property usually goes to the State and in this particular case where your neighbor owes back taxes then it will definitely go to the state to where the house and property/land will be auctioned for taxes.The remaining monies? well your guess is just as good as mine...lol I have no idea where that goes.

• 1 decade ago

If he left a will, it will go to the person named first, most places give the heir a little time to make up the taxes. If not that, the county will take possession and put it up for auction to make up the taxes.

• 1 decade ago

If he truly has no family and never created a will, the property goes to the state, most likely. However, the liklihood of him truly having no family for purposes of inheritance is very remote.

Scroll down on this link to the Table of Consanguinity - this is a list of your relatives from every angle. There are lotsa folks who have a claim to your property after you die!

http://www.peggyhedrick.com/probate.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If he has no heirs, or hasn't left it to anyone in a will, the house will go up for sale by the state and whoever purchases the home makes it theirs.. and the state profits.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The State and they put it up for auction sealed bids only.

• 1 decade ago

whoever buys it at the tax sale

• 1 decade ago

If he did not leave it to anyone, it will go up for government auction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.