can you tell me how to make my photo attachments smaller to send with email>?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think either you resize the photos to a smaller size, or you use winzip to compress your files.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

This is a very common problem, but one that's relatively easy to solve.

Most pictures are sent via email as .jpg files. Using whatever picture viewing program you have, open a picture file. At this point programs vary, but basically you can proceed in one of two ways (or even both).

The easiest way is to simply re-save the picture under a different name and .jpg extension. Go to File/SaveAs, rename the file, select .jpg, and at that point you should get a prompt as to what file size (compression) you'd like. Email photos work best at about 200k.

Another way is to reduce the dimensions of the picture. Most programs have folder at the top titled "Image", so click on that and select "Image Size". Resize the picture to about 4"x6" and that will reduce the entire file size also when you re-save it.

• 1 decade ago

Download Irfanview. It's freeware that installs a tiny photo enhancing program into your computer. When you open a pic you you'll have a little menu strip at the top with options.

Go to Image, Resize and Resample. It's the easiest way I know of. I've been using it for years.

http://www.irfanview.com/

• outler
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you pick a zipper software. Use as they direct you to in the past sending any photographs over the internet and your subject would be solved. There are numerous solid ones on the marketplace. %. the finest one on your first-time use and acceptable away you would be a expert at no longer in simple terms sending photographs yet total records of them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

open them in MSpaint and save in .jpg format

even more reduce their size to 50-60% size of the original..

can be easily done in MSPaint

• 1 decade ago

you can resize them

www.imageshack.us is a site where you can resize them.

• 1 decade ago

zip them or upload them to flickr.com with your yahoo! account.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.