Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

How can Bush tackle illegal immigration? Read details.?

How can George Bush tackle illegal immigration when he had hired many illegal immigrants in the past. Between 1998 to 1999, my old room mate was an a illegal immigrant working a legitimate job on George Bush's estate. Although laws protect them, I don't see why so many Americans complain about illegal Mexicans presence. Without thier presence, certain cities would not be so prestine. You can compare a state with not so many mexicans workers and with many. The state with more mexicans usually is more developed. In my city, there a so many illegals. They stand at the corner of the street and wait to be picked up for work. The funny thing is that the authorities turn a blind eye to this practice.

I am more of a centralist on this issue. But I really want to hear what other people think in regards to this matter.

• Dr. NG
    Favorite Answer

Neither Bush or any other politician will handle this problem.This is a perfect example of how alike both parties are.

Hey, Jack, just so you know, this ISN'T a question for a research project. (haha) 1. Differ (don't you like how I'm the only one who didn't say "disagree"? I should totally get the points for that! lol) 2. Black; lol jk I'm caucasion, but I scared you for a minute, right?/ (1/16 American Indian, but that doesn't really matter. By the way, you told us to answer this question in one word, but what if I was a Pacific Islander? haha or I wanted to put "African American" instead of "black"?) 3. American Citizen 4. Disagree (Though some are, as previously stated, always going to be racist.) 5. I completely disagree with putting up a fence; remember the Berlin Wall? It was a symbol of imprisonment and separation; it would be a shame if America established such an icon. You're probably old enough to remember this: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." I wasn't born yet, but I still love Reagan, from what I know of him. For one thing, our government really needs to step back and take a look at how much welfare is going to illegal immigrants, and fix that FAST. I think that as long as the illegal immigrants are working, and not such sitting on their butts in front of their government-paid TVs, they should be allowed to remain here working, and be giving fair wages. For no reason should we punish them for having work ethic that lots of America doesn't have. They should be working to become citizens, though. If they're going to partake in the American economy, they might as well partake in the joys of tax-paying, too. I don't know a ton about this topic, but that's what I think about what I know.

Obviously you have neither parents with medicare or children in school....if you did the reason many of us are anti-illegal would be quite apparent! I suggest you visit a school or emergency room then see if you are still a centralist! Americans first!

I don't have a clue what cities you can call pristine because of illegal mexicans...obviously you haven't been to the DFW area!

Where is your proof bush hired illegals? Altho I'm not surprised!

The problem is that Bush doesn't WANT to tackle this issue. The only way to make him address it is the way those vigilantes are doing: Go out there and stop them ourselves, any way we can. Pressure him into doing his job. And hope that his successor is willing to do the right thing.

The illegals I have seen were hardly pristine! Pissing and sh*tting in new construction bathtubs, leaving their trash everywhere, driving with small regard for traffic rules, and more. LEGAL immigrants care about society in general. ILLEGAL aliens are little more than pond scum and should be treated as such.

• Yakuza

Actually, Americans built this country. Immigration averaged only 235,000 persons per year prior to the disastrous 1965 Immigration Act. That's only 47 million immigrants over the course of our nation's history.

Compared to our current population of 300 million, that's not much. And then, if we add all the people who have lived before in the United States, we are approaching a billion total Americans who live now or who have lived in this country—all of them, or at least most of them, busy "building" it.

The same people that built this nation are the ones keeping it the way it is today.You have been reading far too much media hype.

I live in Scottsdale AZ and I have seem Phoenix turn from being a beautiful city into a gateway for illegal aliens.

Other significant costs associated with illegal aliens exist and should be taken into account by federal and state officials. But even without accounting for all of the multitude of areas in which costs are being incurred by Arizona taxpayers, the programs analyzed in this study indicate that the burden is substantial and that the costs are rapidly increasing.

The $1.3 billion in costs incurred by Arizona taxpayers is comprised of outlays in the following areas:

Education. Based on estimates of the illegal alien population in Arizona and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Arizonans spend approximately $820 million annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings.

Health Care. Uncom-pensated medical outlays for health care provided to the state’s illegal alien population is now estimated at about $400 million a year.

Incarceration. The cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in Arizona prisons and jails amounts to about $80 million a year (not including the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration).

The illegal alien population pays some state and local taxes that go toward offsetting these costs, but they do not come near to matching the expenses. The total of such payments might generously be estimated at $257 million per year.

The fiscal costs of illegal aliens do not end with these three major cost items. The total costs of illegal aliens to the state’s taxpayers would be considerably higher if other costs such as special English instruction, school nutrition programs, or welfare benefits for American workers displaced by illegal alien workers were added into the equation.

I cannot find one good thing about illegals,As far as them working jobs Americans wont,I dont buy it,the jobs always got done before illegals took them.And even if they do work for lower wages The national research council has estimated that the net fiscal cost of immigration is $22 billion a year,with most government expenditures on immigrants comming from state and local coffers,while most taxes paid by illegals go to the federal treasurey,The net deficiet is caused by a low level of tax payments by illegals because they are disproportionatley low skilled thus earn low wages,and a higher rate of consumption of government services, both because of their relative poverty and their higher fertility.The cost of illegals in terms of government expenditures for education,crimminal justice,emergency medical,and welfare are significant .also the threat of disease they bring to our nation is http://www.frostywooldridge.com/articles/art_illeg... They disrespect our country http://www.americandaily.com/article/10965 http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/benamon/060501. If you can think of a reason why they should be able to come here illegally instead of earning their right like every legal American has Id like to hear of it,so far noone has a good reason, You cannot justify breaking the law. Thanks for your question.

All illegal immigrants should join and serve in the military to earn citizenship. It can happen. No free rides for citizenship or legalization. Will you stand with me and contact the senate like I did?

http://kennedy.senate.gov/senator/contact.cfm

I reckon we should focus on public misunderstanding of the issue - while the vast majority see increased legal immigration as a terrible thing, these migrant workers are vital as they are filling the essential labour intensive jobs us 'native workers' feel that we are too good to do, and with an ageing population developed countries could not 'work'.

When the real facts of legal immigration can be widely communication the prejudice on hard working legal migrant workers can remove the barrier to sound economic policies, allowing focus to be put on the important issue of illegal immigration!

if bush hired illegals then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!!!!!!!!! illegals are LAW-BREAKERS!!!!!! they deserve to all be sent back to their home countries. where do you get cities with more illegals is more developed, there is more crime, more drugs, more violence, more welfare recipients, more single parents, etc.

What I'd like to see is a 90 day amnesty,all illegals would have 90 days to apply for citizenship,all companies that hire illegals should be heavily fined.Any illegal that does NOT apply for citizenship within the 90 day period should be deported.Period.