Is the media helping politics or making it worse in Iraq because conclusive comments?

I feel the media reports just expose too many military secrets which must be kept secret during war until the war is wan. Exposing these facts give extremists more publicity and a feeling of victory, hero etc

Favorite Answer

You must not have gotten the memo, Bush has already stated that we won and "Mission accomplished".

• Bryan

I don't believe the media is helping matters in Iraq. If you talk to returning soldiers they give a different picture of Iraq than what the media is reporting. The media is centered completely on the negatives and is under reporting any positives which are occurring. I do not know whether this is driven by ratings or agenda, but it is a fact none the less. As to classified material, anything which is reported which helps our enemies is bad. This is a simple truism and should be recognized by all whether they agree with war or not, but dissent on the war is driven by powerful ideologies. It seems at least to me that there is this believe that the ends justify the means. This assumption is almost always false. If anything the media reports puts our troops in greater danger then it is in effect providing aid and comfort to the enemy which is treasonous by law.

The world is a lot smaller now with all the networking technology (Internet). I think we need more media coverage, example how would someone like to live near a Nuclear Power plant that has a melt down, and not find out till 6 months later.

Osama has more than 400 million dollars and sleeper cells in every developed nation on the earth. Trust me, anything the media reports is something he already knew about.

The media has been on the side of the terrorist and anyone who is against America from the beginning. The media in my opinion is just as responsible for American deaths as any of their counters parts who instead of using pens and camera, use guns and bombs.

• Beau R

The media only reports the truth...Ya right!!!