Should I go blonde?

Heyy.

I have medium brown thick hair, and it's rather curly.

I'm considering going blonde for a while and am trying to decide whether it would look good or not. I have pale skin and blue eyes, so I thought it might look okay.

I dyed my hair a darker brown a while back, and I think it looks a bit too dark.. hence wanting to lighten it up.

I have some pictures, on my myspace.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...

I was thinking something light like Nicole Kidman's hair colour in Bewitched, but if there are any stylists on here that think another blonde would look better? Or another colour all together? I was even thinking about going red, but my face goes pink easily and it would probably contrast.

Opinions would be really appreciated.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The best way to figure out what shade to lighten your hair to is to find an old picture of yourself as a child. Most of us had lighter hair when we were young. Many medium brunettes were blondes when they were young! If this is the case with you, take your old photo to your salon and tell the colorist to match the shade in the photo. That way you can be sure to have the new brighter lighter shade match your skin tone and look natural at the same time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • hallie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Brown is very pretty on you! But why not change it up, its hair. I'm sure the blonde will look really cute too. Why don't you go blonde and put shades of strawberry throughout it? You mentioned red, so that might be a nice compromise :) Even a bright red highlight with blonde would look nice, but the red molecules are a lot bigger than blonde and brown, so they wash out and fade a lot more than those colors, you might have to retouch it alot. Good luck :)

• 1 decade ago

I would go blonde...I Have blonde curly hair, My natural color is light brown. I love blonde. It will give you the marilyn monroe look.

I always get 2 shades of blonde and have my hair highlighted with them both. It gives it a natural look.

• Keep it maybe a medium brown and add in lighter highlights I wouldn't go totally blonde though.

Hope I helped!!!

Have a nice day!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stay brown. It looks nice. I don't think blonde would be a really nice color on you.

• 1 decade ago

well i think u should not go all the blonde becase when it grows u will see the roots to much, and blonde dries out your hair, so i think go for some highlights.

• sm177y
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Keep with your natural beauty.

• mandi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you're the perfect! (a aspect- of tickles for u). "She spent 20 minutes searching on the orange juice can because it suggested: "concentration..." Blondie change into hypnotized. "one hundred% organic" sparkling, orange you? = )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think your hair looks nice as it is now.

leave it brown, it looks nice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

leave brown

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.