Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My dog wonders away with other people, what can I do to make it stop?

I have a 5 months jack terrier Russell. She very disciplinary and playful when she's at home but outside she is completely disobedient. Because she is still being potty train we take her outside first in the morning but not matter what happens she wonders away with any stranger following them unstoppably she climbs other porches and is completely unresponsive to her already learned "no" to which she turns back and ignores it completely...is a hell of a job to get her back in the house, what can I do?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A leash.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cara B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

She isn't trained then. Knowing to come when called in the house won't help her if he's loose in the street. You need to train her outside also, where there are distractions. Don't despair if she acts like you never taught her anything, most dogs will do that. Don't give her the opportunity to run off for now, use a long leash and reel her in if she doesn't listen the first time. She has probably learnt that she doesn't have to obey outside as she can run off, unlike inside, so make sure you don't call her if you are unable to enforce it.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe a leash would be best for now. Let her interact with other people and the environment but let her know that that surrounding is not her home.

She should also know that she's yours and cannot follow other people. Treat her like family. I treat my dog as part of my family and I spend time with her as much as possible so that when she accidentally goes out on the loose, I can just call her and she will go back to me.

Source(s): I had a dog.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i see ur problem u 've got the same problem as i had before with my dog. truth of the matter your case is simple. take your dog and spend some quality time with it. u have to let it know that you are the master. you have to be the aggressor sometimes but show some respect

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take her out on a leash.

• 1 decade ago

Get an electric fence and a leash

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Simple. Keep her on a leash.

• 1 decade ago

when you take her out to potty,put her on a leash.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

JUST PACK ITS BAGS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.