sell chocolate online good business???

I am thinking to start selling chocolate online, these will be rare gourmet chocolates and I'll package these into gift baskets.

I guess I'll need to workout pricing and basketing. Most importantly need to find whole salers in US/CA where I can buy it.

What do you think of this business idea?

Do you know of anyone or sites sucessefully selling chocolate online?

Would you buy chocolate online?

Thanks for any info.

Favorite Answer

you obviously need to do some market research.

Get some sample baskets made up and go on the streets and do some testing and feedback.

Then do further testing on your identified target market (the people who are actually going to pay for your products).

After this get as much feedback as possible to change your prouct into what the customer acutally wants and hopefully you will find a gap in the market.

Take things slow, test, feedback, test, feedback... until you know you have identified a reliable target audience and an item/service people actually want, which they will come to you and will use you over and over.

I'd even say get a job in a chocolate shop/boutique for a year or two to get the ins and outs of the industry...

do your prep to ensure potential!

Hi. As I like chocolate and many others like eating it it may be a good choice to start with. Where do people sell chocolate online hmmm I don't know not on Ebay I guess. Diddn't you contact Nestle or any other company to get information?

Wish you good luck and a successful New Year ahead!

Local to where?