Is mulllberry tree an ok wood to burn in a fire place?

Favorite Answer

The "smoke" is no more toxic than "oak" (no poetry pun intended)

The issue is to determine the burning properties in the definition of it being a "hard" or "soft" wood.

IE: Pine, such as chopping up your Christmas tree for a nice New Years Eve fire, would leave more residue than a seasoned hardwood, in the form of sap, etc.

BTW, in my opinion no "green" wood should be burned anyway.

I've been on this planet a long time, and with no offense at all, I'm recalling an ancient childhood lyrical poem/song, "All around the Mulberry Bush" is part of it. I was also a farmer for many years, but plead ignorant to the Mulberry being a "Tree" Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

In any case, fire turns everything to "ASH" ( again, no pun. Ash is a beautiful "wood"), and in doing so leaves the residues to be cleaned up.

Steven Wolf

(The Rev.)

Mulberry is a soft wood and will burn hot and fast. It creates a lot of creosote in the chimney. Doesn't smell as pleasant as some other wood when burning.

Sure but it is usually a trash tree, with small branches and would burn fast.

its ok just dosent throw out much heat

yes