don't you think it was inappropiate for saddam to be hanged on Eid day,flaming politics!?

Favorite Answer

I don't know why the American government would suddenly develop an understanding of, or sensitivity to, the sensibilities of Muslims, they never have before. And personally I'm assuming that the timing of the execution was deliberate...

Yes, it was inappropriate. But that's the concept of "forgiveness" among the radical right.

I agree with the first poster, is there an appropriate day for hanging?

Second, it was the day prior to Eid, which if I remember correctly is a Festival of Sacrifice, isn't it? It's not exactly a Festival of Atonement.

Hmm, not sure on this one. I am not sure what exactly the significance of this holiday is, but i hear it is pretty important to Muslims. I think that the Iraqi government was just trying to make a statement and i guess giving saddam a special day to be executed.

• mJc

He was hanged the day before Eid day.

• Jaff

Very inappropriate, it also turned the table around, wait and watch the growing sympathy for Saddam and hatred for Bush. Already people are calling Saddam a martyr and Bush a crimnal.

no, it was appropiate! you dont know all the bad stuff he did to citizens in iraq!, he was hanged by his world crime, 46 people died and more than 80 were wounded in two bombings — 31 in one attack south of the capital and 15 in a Baghdad blast!

The Iraq government wanted it that way and it was done before their holiday. But I guess you already knew that.

Any day is a good day to get rid of a genocidal tyrant.

Yes - but if he could have suffered a thousand deaths it would have been more fair.

There is no problem with that, and by the way, he was sentenced to death by muslims, and muslims chose when to hang him, and the individuals who hanged him were muslims.