does any one know the average cost for a new roof on a 3 bed semi in west mids area?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Need to know the square footage

• 1 decade ago

There are allot of variables for which you are asking. The only way to find out is to call a minimum of three professional roofing contractors. You'll always get screwed when you call a fly by night operation. Think of your project as surgical procedure, you'll only hire the surgeon that's done that procedure hundreds of times. A professional roofer will meet and exceed your expectations. With the information you gave, it is impossible to guesstimate your project. If you have a building dept. at your city, ask them for three companies, It you don't, call a neighboring community that will give that information.

A professional will tell you what you need to have done, a re roof/ or tear off. They'll give you shingle options, they'll evaluate the roofs ventilation, they'll identify problem areas on the roof that must be done at the time the roof is installed. If you sell your house, it demonstrates to the potential buyer you did not cut corners on home maintenance. Besides you don't have to be a professional to know a bad job when you see one. Good luck, after three estimates, you'll have a better idea.

Source(s): CEO/President 20 year roofing Co. in Cleveland.
  • outler
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I stay in a stone geared up bungalow geared up in 1870 in a rural section and we pay £a hundred ninety a month for LPG (Liquid Petroleum gas) as there is not any organic gas in our portion of the international, LPG is the costliest variety of heating and you cant substitute employer simply by fact the employer owns the tank which we could desire to pay condominium on. Our electrical energy is interior the area of £a hundred and fifty according to month so i think of you're fairly fortunate.

• john t
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I BELIEVE U MEAN MIDWEST AREA?

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL LOWES, ETC AND OR ROOFING SUPPLY COMPANY WHICH WILL GIVE U COST FOR COMPLETE MATERIAL LIST U NEED.'

THEY WILL PROABLY HAVE A LIST OR ROOFING REFERENCE FOR CONTRACTORS.

BECAUSE OF THE COST, STYLE OF ROOFING MATERIALS U MAY DESIRE, GET MULTIPULE BIDS AND CHECK REFERENCES, AND LOOK AT THE LAST WORKS THEY HAVE DONE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION;;;;;;;;;

DO NOT OVERLAY YOUR EXISTING ROOF

TEAR OFF OLD MATERIALS TO THE SHEATHING DECK AND PUT ON NEW ROOF. OVERLAYS LOOK BAD AND REDUCE THE QUALITY, WARRANTY, AND LIFE OF THE ROOF. MORE PROBLEMS DOWN THE LINE ON OVERLAYS.

AGAIN DO NOT OVERLAY

THINK OF PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME TWICE NEXT

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

adding roof layer aprox $5-6 grand

ripping off old roof add$2000 aprox

• 1 decade ago

Will gets my vote as best answer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.