Lina

Principles and Beliefs...?

If you were a Supreme Court justice [taking part in judicial restraint], what would you base your decisions on [what beliefs and principles]?

Remember...judicial restraint is simply using the Constitution and no bias =]..so, what parts of the Constitution would you stress? =]

Happy New Year!

Favorite Answer

Well, without knowing the matter that was to be settled precisely, I'd probably use the same principles and beliefs that I use in my daily life:

1. Treat all persons equally, without bias and without regard to color, creed or nationality.

2. All individuals are considered innoncent until proven guilty.

3. Protect the endangered, the children and those who cannot protect themselves because of mental impairment or disability.

Other than those, I'd have to know more about the case itself to know which laws to invoke. But from a moral/ethical standpoint, those principles should apply to everything everyone does on a regular basis.

Not only our judicial systems but our law enforcement and many other types of gov. work, it is up to the individual alot of times to use their discretion. It is good in a way because we all think differently and not zombies.

your question is too general...you could only answer it on a case by case decision as you would have to know what beliefs and principles are being restrained, would you not?

JESUS

AND

Whatever

the Constitution

Allows by LAW