Spud55
Spud55 asked in Environment · 1 decade ago

How many of you...?

....neutrally study both sides of an issue before drawing your own conclusions, or do you take the word of someone you perceive to be an expert and make their words and beliefs your own?

Favorite Answer

Think it is very important to hear all sides whether you agree with them or not and then think it is very important to do your own research. Use your eyes and ears to look and hear what is going on. Don't take the media's words for everything. Look at things logically and say 'does this sound reasonable'!

OH NO.. I look at both sides. I study the words of one individual who states something THIS WAYI and then before I draw anyi conclusions, I study the person making the comment to determine if they are intelligent, etc. For example, ANY words that come from that creep Nancyi Palosi or Harry Reid.. I would consider as non-consequential.. worthless.. so one has to really study who and what and unfortunately... this is how easily the naive American public gets swayed into wrongful thinking

Both depending on the question and the expert.

If the question is just one from curiosity and I am talking to an expert, I'll take their word for it.

If the question is more important to me or controversial, I'll study and come to me own conclusions.

You say and sound like an expert on Napoleon, I'll take your word for non-controversial conclusions you have made.

You say and sound like an expert on UFOs and I will evaluate on my own.

• Wicked

*I look for expert oppinion on both sides.

*THen read about the issue on url sites that or dot edu

*deside what the effect it would have on my life and the lives of others .

*look at the overall/long term effect,

then make my decision based on the above.

• GD-Fan

Depends on the situation and who the expert is, and what their reputation is. It is specific to every situation

Why would I study the other side's perspective ?? They are all morons :P

na...i take atleast half min 4 analysing!

What he said : )