Does anybody remember children's palace? It was a huge toy store, kinda like toys r us.?

It was really big inside, they had all kinds of toys. I'm 25 so this was in the 80's like 1986 or 1987. They even had a cool Nintendo enclosure towards the front of the store, where they sold the games and where you could also play them. This was around the time of the Nintendo craze. We had one here in Corpus Christi, but if I remember correctly it closed down maybe like a year after it opened. I remember when we would drive by the shopping center where it was located and you could easily tell where it was by the top of the store that was shaped like a castle. Now the space is occupied by an Old Navy and a Party City. I was just wondering if anyone remembered this place. It was just so exciting just walking into that place!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

"Childrens palace, the super toy store and a whole lot more!"

That was the slogan.

Loved that place!

• helzer

Childrens Palace Toy Store

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

It was really big inside, they had all kinds of toys. I'm 25 so this was in the 80's like 1986 or 1987. They even had a cool Nintendo enclosure towards the front of the store, where they sold the games and where you could also play them. This was around the time of the Nintendo craze. We...

Source(s): remember children 39 palace huge toy store kinda toys us: https://tr.im/muyuy

OMG! I'm always tempted to go in there and just play with the toys lol I just took my 2 year old little cousin to the toy store a few days ago and we were playing around with the trains in there :P But then, i brought him this Thomas The Tank Engine train set afterwards... (He is obsessed with Trains)

yeah, i remember it well...they had a panda bear for their mascot, i think...and yes it was shaped like a castle...i'm from michigan but all of them are long since gone now. walmart, target and the other discount stores put them out of business... toys r us could be next....

I rember that place I was real little bu I do rember my mom and dad were shocked when I said that I rember that place

Nope, the mascot was a rabbit, Happy Rabbit.

• James M5 years agoReport

Oops
      "The mascot for Child World was originally a cartoon rabbit named Happy Rabbit who sported the words "I'm Happy" on his T-shirt...1979 was replaced by a cartoon panda bear named Peter Panda, often depicted wearing overalls with his name printed on them."

Hey, I'm older then dirt, deal with it.