Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Why are ALL the people who work at US motor vehicle offices such *******?

Is it part of the job to be an evil, stick up your butt, bad attitude person? They always act like they wanna shot you if you ask them a simple question and stuff, right?

I'm sure that most of you here are "law enforcement people" and have not had to be on the other side of the line as most people do. Trust me, the DMV is a very harsh and cold place for the average person. You all have an intimidating way about you.

I'm sure that most of you here are "law enforcement people" and have not had to be on the other side of the line as most people do. So your replies don't count. Trust me, the DMV is a very harsh and cold place for the average person. You all have an intimidating way about you.

Favorite Answer

Yes most DMV clerks are that way

• c.s.

Perhaps they have to deal with people like you???? I have found that if you respect people, they will respect you. I have had very little problems in dealing with DMV departments. I have had dealings with the DMV departments of 8 states from New Mexico to Maryland. And I am not a member of law enforcement.

I'm sorry you had such a bad time on your visit to the DMV. My experience was so delightful in Orlando that I actually called Tallahassee and ask them to use that office as a Benchmark for all of their offices. You had a bad experience, I didn't.

Not true. They are human just like you and they are trying to accommodate a ton of people, some of whom do not have a clue of what is needed to process their requests. Most delays are due to them explaining missing credentials that must be provided to process requests. If you have all your paperwork in order it's a snap.

In NJ they have finally gotten it together and I have been in and out of the place in about 10 minutes.

Gee.........I thought that was just the case in my state but I am glad to see its like that all over........ever since I can remeber they have always seemed to be pretty nasty at the DL place.....The one thing they all seem to have in common is that MOST.......notice I said MOST...............not ALL......of the people that work thee are older......like over 55, in my state anyways. And I would have to agree that everytime I have ever gone in there I would have to say that at least one person working has a nasty attitude. May be thats why most of us hate out picture on our DL because its such a horrible experience,sorry writer, not much of a anwser, but I would have to agree with you, maybe they are like this since I would have to say that the work there isnt real changelling and after awhile of saying the same thing boredom kicks in and maybe they act like that for entertainment.

• Beau R

It's always the few that give the majority a bad name. They deal with the public, and that is always a trying job.

I dont think its a job requirement. They probably have a tough job dealing with thousands of people with bad attitudes. Just remember to kill them with kindness, it is much more effective!

• LucySD

I would probably be that way if I worked all day with people that couldn't pass the test time after time until the third time be it the written or the driving.

Source(s): my opinion

They are not, maybe it is your attitude that is bad.

P.S., the word is shoot, not shot.

DMV near me is the best, I have never taken more than 10 minutes from walking in the door to leaving with a smile.

I don't know they seem nice to me. I was a government employee once too... it's not fun. Try not assuming they are assholes, say hi and see what happens.