I want a gizmo that can store info and plug into my computer. Doesn't have to get email. What is it?

I want to carry around phone #'s, addresses, lists, and memos (about 1000 characters?). I don't think I want to receive email. I already have a phone. A camera would be nice. I must be able to transfer info back and forth with my computer. What gizmo am I describing? What features are a must? What features will I need to prevent it from being outdated in just a couple of years? What features would be nice to have, if I think the price is not too high? Thank you, from someone who waited until this technology was perfected and unified.

And, if I want to listen to audio books, is that an upgrade, or an entirely different gizmo?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have had a Palm for several years and love it. Palm has several different combinations of capabilities. I think you can get just a basic system that handles phone #'s, addresses, lists, and memos, etc. for about $100. Check out the web site, palm.com.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I would get an iPod nano. They can store notes, contacts, addresses. It does not have a camera. you can easily transfer it back and forth between your computer and iPod with the included Dock Connector to USB or DC to FireWire cable. (The latter is NOT included with your iPod. You'll have to buy it online)

You can store songs and Audiobooks also.

The price for a first generation one (black and white) is in between $100-$200

The price for a 2nd Generation one (colors) is in between $150-$250, depending on the source and the hard drive size.

• gerda
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

A leap tension? There are small USB drives many times approximately 2 or 3 inches or so vast which may be placed around your neck, however the drives themselves are not very vast. The cord that is going around your neck is hooked as much as the tension even if if it is separate. they arrive in various sizes of area.

• 1 decade ago

for everything except the camera get an ipod and a book from amazon on how to set it up to do what you want it to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Buffy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

SBU sticks? You have to plug it into a computer to view the info, though.

• 1 decade ago

A jump, or flash drive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a tic tac maybe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.