I want a gizmo that can store info and plug into my computer. Doesn't have to get email. What is it?

I want to carry around phone #'s, addresses, lists, and memos (about 1000 characters?). I don't think I want to receive email. I already have a phone. A camera would be nice. I must be able to transfer info back and forth with my computer. What gizmo am I describing? What features are a must? What features will I need to prevent it from being outdated in just a couple of years? What features would be nice to have, if I think the price is not too high? Thank you, from someone who waited until this technology was perfected and unified.

And, if I want to listen to audio books, is that an upgrade, or an entirely different gizmo?

Favorite Answer

I have had a Palm for several years and love it. Palm has several different combinations of capabilities. I think you can get just a basic system that handles phone #'s, addresses, lists, and memos, etc. for about $100. Check out the web site, palm.com.

I would get an iPod nano. They can store notes, contacts, addresses. It does not have a camera. you can easily transfer it back and forth between your computer and iPod with the included Dock Connector to USB or DC to FireWire cable. (The latter is NOT included with your iPod. You'll have to buy it online)

You can store songs and Audiobooks also.

The price for a first generation one (black and white) is in between $100-$200

The price for a 2nd Generation one (colors) is in between $150-$250, depending on the source and the hard drive size.

• gerda

A leap tension? There are small USB drives many times approximately 2 or 3 inches or so vast which may be placed around your neck, however the drives themselves are not very vast. The cord that is going around your neck is hooked as much as the tension even if if it is separate. they arrive in various sizes of area.

for everything except the camera get an ipod and a book from amazon on how to set it up to do what you want it to do.

• Buffy

SBU sticks? You have to plug it into a computer to view the info, though.

A jump, or flash drive.

a tic tac maybe