What is the best way to win radio contests--caller number 10 type of thing?

I don't understand how these contests work. I can never get through--there must be a trick to it. Do I need a special telephone?

Favorite Answer

Speed dial helps but, if that doesn't work try dialing the phone number (all but the last digit) and try to time it when you enter the last. Persistence and determination is what it takes! I've felt the

same way! I also have won a trip to Disney World, a car, salon

gift certificates, turkeys and concert tickets all from the radio and

any contest that is free to enter! Keep trying and believe!

Source(s): Personal experience and contest newsletters.

I've been a disc jockey for more than 20 years, and believe me there isn't a "trick" to it. I've given away everything from CDs to $10,000.00 in cash. The best advice I can give you is to keep trying and don't give up until you hear the winner on the air. Jocks just answer the calls as they come in.

Dial carefully and good luck!

One touch speed dial/ redial, and keep re-hitting it as soon as you catch the first tone of the busy signal.

You are having LOTS of calls coming in on those phone lines. You have to react fast with your initial call (again, one touch speed dial- program the station # in so you always have it ready) and if you hit the busy signal, immediately hang up and speed dial/redial.

If you think that's bad, try getting all your votes in on Idol or Dancing with the Stars.

More persons are making a call at the same time. so you try two are more lines with your friends at nearest house.