what happens during a physical sports examination btw the doc and the guy?

i just read a question here that the guy feels uncomfortable with his mom around.i dont really know about that, being in india and all.

Favorite Answer

Basically, if you're getting a really thorough physical, they examine EVERYTHING including your genitals. That's the part that some guys dont like, although if you get enough of them, you get used to it. I play sports and get lots of physicals so I dont mind going for them.

Depending on your doctor you might have to get totall naked (like my doctor does) or you might be able to keep your underwear on and just pull them down for the genital examination. Some doctors give you a gown to wear, some don't.

Some doctors like having parents go in with their kids. I still go to a pediatrician and he prefers if your mom or dad is with you so one of them always comes with me, usually my mom. It's only bad if you psych yourself out about it. E-mail me if you want more info.

When my son was a teenager and had sports exams, there was always a little bit where he needed to be completely undressed. His doctor checked for testicular cancer, hernias (I think) and other abnormalities that involved his genital area. This is the portion of the exam that I call "turn your head and cough" because that is what the doctor says while he holds on to the boy/man's testicles.

During that part of the exam, I excused myself from the room. During the rest, I was present so that I could hear the questions and answers and help provide more information if needed.

They check your height, weight, Blood Pressure, Vision. Then the doctor comes in and talks to you about your growth chart.

Well I am a girl but I have had sports exams! But my brother said they check everything and they check your genital area which is called"turn your head and cough".

Source(s): My Brothers♥

u have your own room and your mom doesn't have to be with you the doctor checks for different typesof diseases or if your bones r good

i had to get one done for my basketball team

Source(s): my brother

wull um i am a girl but my cuz told me(we r like siblings thats how close we r) but the check EVERYTHING. u know what i mean??