Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What happenes if you only eat once a day?

I don't have a diet, I work at Subway, and I tend to eat double meat there and whatnot, but when I'm home, I'm usually sleepin' all day, until I go to work and work my 9 hour shift from 10 pm - 7am...so I'll usually go a day w/o eating at all, but drink water, unless if I really fo sleep all day, and sometimes I eat alot, sometimes I don't, plus there's sometimes, rarley I'll have a cookie or 2, and I do drink alotta pop.

I don't always eat subway, the only other place open is right across from us, and that's Mc. Donald's and I'll have that once a week.

I'll get double meat once in a while, but I love veggies, and I eat alot of that...it's also the fact that I'm not that hungry most of the time neither...I do go to bed right as soon as I get home, but I also have to take care of my 4 month old son too, so that's why I sleep all day...about maybe 3-4 outta 7 days I eat something my mom makes, which will be a good meal like chicken, rice, or mashed potatoes, you kno' a regualr meal...and I have the weekend off, so I might end up going out to eat, or eating wendys at home, or romen noodles, it's not always a normal routine, but yes I do spend alot of my time sleepin', and when I am awake, I am always up and movin'...

Favorite Answer

Eating once a day is not and I said not good for your health and it will not help you lose weight and keep it off. Eating once a day makes your body think you are starving it so it shuts down the metabolism to survive longer. If you lose weight you are really starving and when you start eating again more often, the weight will come back and rather quickly. You are also not eating the proper foods to maintain a healthy state, so you set yourself up for a weakened immune system and will catch colds, viruses etc. and end up being sick a lot. So eating once a day does a lot of bad things for you. Eat 5 to 6 small healthy meals a day to lose weight and stay healthy.

Your metabolism is slowing down. You MAY lose weight in the begining if you haven't done this for a while, but eventually, you will stop losing the weight. This is not a healthy way to lose weight, if that's your goal. Your body needs so many calories during the day. And if you're wondering why you're sleeping all day, it's because you're not giving your body enough energy to keep going. I remember when I used to work second shift at a local hospital about two years ago. I didn't eat well and when I did eat, it wasn't much and it wasn't good for me. This eating schedule you're on is not a healthy one. I'd suggest trying to sleep either before or after your shift at work and set your alarm so that you get around 8 hours of sleep. And try to eat, at the very least, three small meals, if you're not all that hungry. And if you eat less, try to make healthy choices about what you eat. Order sandwiches with less sauce and more veggies. Choose a salad over a box of greasy fries. You CAN be on a diet and still be full and feel fulfilled! I promise. I've experienced it firsthand! Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Absolutely not a good idea to only eat once a day!

Your body goes into "starvation-mode". This means your metabolism slows down and starts storing the food you eat instead of burning it off for energy. This is why you're sleepy all day.

You need to eat at least 3 times a day, preferably 6 small meals daily. Cut our the pop too...at least gradually. There's no nutrients in pop so you're probably just crashing from the short-term sugar rush in your system. That will also make you sleepy. Plus, the sodium in pop causes you to retain water.

You best bet is to drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and try starting with 3 meals a day. Breakfast and granola bars are great for breakfast, especially if you don't have a lot of time for that first meal. You can eat it in the car or while walking into work. Instead of a double-meat sandwich, break that into 2 smaller meals. Either cut the sandwich in half or have a regular meat sandwich for one meal and a salad w/meat for the other meal. McDonald's isn't the greatest, but they do have salads. If you're not a fan of salads, choose non-fried food items. You can get a regular hamburger or cheeseburger and a yogurt with fruit for about $2! Also, don't forget to get 2 servings of dairy in a day.

Good luck

Do what's right for your body,I noticed that a lot of people discourage certain weight lose methods,but losing weight is serious and sometimes you have to go to the extreme.. if you take your supplements and get a little exercise daily 1 meal is fine..

i dont think it will hurt you. just remember that dinner as to be big because this is the one thing your going to be eating. the best thing to do is to make your self a big low fat dinner eat some and save the rest for later so your not starving your self

• TNL

it won't hurt you to only eat once a day, I lost a lot of weight that way

your metabolism will shut down and you will be exhausted all the time

your metabolism slows down.