2000 Jeep Cherokee, intermitent electrical probs.?

My Cherokee's blinkers will freeze after about 20 seconds of use. When it freezes, the passenger side front window will not roll down from either front door control panel, and the controls on the front passenger door (window/door lock) do not work at all. In addition to this, if I turn the car off (if the hazards are on and they freeze and I turn the car off) the clicking inside the dash starts to go very fast for a few seconds (it sounds like it is going to explode) and then just stops. At this point the car will not turn over, and it acts as if the battery is dead. This lasts about 5 minutes. I bought the car in 2004 and it only has about 80k miles on it. Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

check voltage regulator.then alternator..check and clean battery terminals first, a little corrosion can cause all kinds of trouble

• Nomadd

I bet you have a loose ground wire between the engine and the chassis. Since the battery and alternator ground to the engine and everything else grounds to the chassis, if you don't have a good connection between the two, all your electrical stuff will be flaky.

sounds like the body computer is having problems,recommend you take it to chrysler dealer to check it out