Lina
Lina asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Help with This Sentence...Please!?

Basically, I would take part in judicial restraint if I were a Supreme Court justice because I have faith in the Constitution since it was made by our founding fathers and has been proved in many situations to be our “foundation”.

(I need help...BASICALLY is the first word in the paragraph I wrote and it sounds veryy "unprofessional"..besides Evidently and Overall, what is a word I could replace it with?)

Thank you soo muchh!

Favorite Answer

I would take out Basically and not replace it.

I would also break up the sentence into two sentences.

Simple declaritive sentences are best.

Write it as two sentences.

I would take part in judicial restraint if I were a Supreme Court Justice. I have faith in the Consitution since it was made by our founding fathers and has been proven in many situations to be our foundation.

If you cannot use two sentences, then either remove "Basicall" or replace it as another answerer suggested, with "Personally."

......................................................................................................

If I were a Supreme Court justice would take part in judicial restraint because I have faith in the Constitution. My faith lies in the fact that the Constitution was made by our founding fathers and has been proved in many situations to be our “foundation”.

• JB

Drop "basically" all together. It isn't necessary at all. Maybe replace "take part" with exercise. Remove the word "because" and write two sentences. The rest is fine.

Personally, As a matter of fact, Generally. But i really don't see anything wrong with BASICALLY.