Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Pictures of Saddam being lead to the gallows. Should they have been shown on television news channels?

These picutres have been shown repeatedly on BBC News 24, I personally find it quite distasteful and keep having to change the channels.

Yes, it's made sevaral million people very happy in Iraq and the rest of the world and there's no doubt that he was guilty of the crimes he was accused of but I don't think that his hanging should have been televised and certainly not shown every five minutes on the news before 9pm.

• Favorite Answer

Under God the U.S is in huge trouble...but if the Americans kill lots of people due to the Death Penalty, why not show them as well?

I beleive being in captivity was bad enough suffering. Unfortunatly the U.S. will be revenged against this act, and somthing tells me i'll be here to live it and suffer it as well.

I beleive they shouldn't have showed his execution because they treat him as a dog. It's true about his violent act, but he was already suffering in captivity. It sadly shows that the Americans as just as bad as Hussein or any other killer. Americans continue to involve in affairs they should never stick their nose in. Can't you see this "war in Iraq" is becoming another "Vietnam" for us!

Please have World Peace!

Source(s): p.s. hey miz is this the extra credit????

The media's interest is a double edged sword. to ensure that them to maintain rankings severe, they could document sensational acts of human violence and grandio's mayhem. regrettably, it somewhat is whatthe public desires to work out and hear. The late P.T. Barnum stated that many instances over the years,"supply the conventional public what they choose, regardless if it good or incorrect." Sensationalism sells, the late large Peter Jennings pronounced stay from hundreds of warm zones international and the conventional public enjoyed him. The cracodile hunter, confronted quite a few styles of threat interior all of his shows, the conventional public enjoyed him. the information would be very slanted and image, I accept as true with you. On a good word, they're placing out to tone down a number of their somewhat image information shows. wish this responded your quandry.....

I agree, it should not of been televised AT ALL. I just answered another question on this topic and posted one myself. I will say the same thing for each question I see on this..

The president is an idiot, hanging the guy was NOT NEEDED, having him in captivity was ENOUGH, and if they were worried that the guy would escape or something crazy, they could of INCREASED SECURITY. whatever

What he did was sad. What happened to him sad. The death of

any humanis certainly nothing to gloat about. With that said people do need proof that he is gone and there is closeure.

I think we should see the pics, and I think that the execution should be sold on DVD. We can send a copy to all our troops for Valentine's day.

personally I think there should have been no cut away and should have been live. its the only way that those conspiracy idiod could not say it wasnt done and the CIA whisked himaaway to places ubknown

• Bella

Yes,We need to see these pictures so that we know for sure that this evil man ti dead

think about what he and his fellow people {i don't know all of them but Bin Ladin {spelled wrog} is one of them think about what they did} I think it was good for them to show it it helps the people that lost a loved one get better knowing someone was caught for all the lives lost

I think they should have been shown, i also think they should show his execution.

I TOTALLY agree with you.