Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Do you think Saddam should have been executed?

I don't think so. The death penalty should be banned in the USA. They killed him for killing people, which they did to him.

• Turbo
    Favorite Answer

Uhhh Iraq hanged him, not the USA. Get your facts straight you gutless wonder. The death penalty is the ultimate penalty and needs to stay in place to bring balance.

he was a dictator , he was a very bad ruler. But maybe the death penalty is something he didn't deserve.

I want everyone who's like him to live the rest of his life in a poor dark cell to let him feel the pain he caused to others.

Death was somehow a mercy for him, the future would've been worse.

All government officials who intentionally cause pain to the people should be punished.

I also wish that the death penalty would not need to exist any more. However in cases like these, it is necessary. It would even be better if human beings would not exhibit such behaviors that the death penalty needs to be used.

The death penalty should be reserved for people who commit especially heinous crimes, like Saddam. I think he received the justice he deserved, but I'm not happy he was executed. I can never cheer over the death of another person, no matter who they are.

Followup: Since you are against the death penalty, would you still be if (God forbid) somone you loved was murdered? It's easy to be self-righteous when the victims are not your loved ones.

There are people in this world that don't deserve to live. He was one of them. You can't possibly think that putting people alive into meat grinders and rape and genocide is the same as taking the life of the person that committed those crimes, that's RIDICULOUS. He got off EASY. Justice would have been him having to experience every death he was responsible for. If you saw with your own eyes every murder he did, you would want to torture and kill him yourself. Come into reality, the water's fine...

Saddam should not have been executed. He did not deserve death penalty. It is sad news for Sunnis that there leader was executed by the pressure of AMerican government.

Death penalty should be banned in the US. I agree with you

The USA didn't execute him the Iraqi government did.

Yes , twice for good measure

No. I think they should have shot him between the eyes when he came out of his spider hole.

No. It does not undo any of the bad stuff he did, nor does it deter future dictators from doing what he did.

To me, living in a prison for the rest of my life would have been a much worse punishment.