any ideas for the best schools to go in south africa for a masters degree?

details as regards best schools to go in south africa for a masters degree, the requirements and the range of fees. anyone with a personal experience should pls help. thanks

Favorite Answer

Hi, this really depends on what you want to do your masters in. Most universities have their own strengths. I suggest you check out the website of each of them and go into detail from there.

For lifestyle and campus experience, where you'll be safest and have the best time is in either Cape Town or Grahamstown (Rhodes University). Grahamstown is a small town though, whereas in Cape Town who'll have a more cosmopolitan experience. Stellenbosch is also a beautiful and safe campus, 40mins drive from Cape Town, but the main language is Afrikaans, so you may not feel so comfortable there, although I do believe that most courses are presented in both English and Afrikaans these days, and texts available in both.

I would strongly recommend University of Cape Town. But then I'm biased - I'm a Capetonian! But I do think you'd love it.

P.S. Email me if you want more info on Cape Town and the university.

Uniersity of Cape Town. My boyfriend, went their and he loved it!