Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how do i get rid of my side parting?

When I was young, I had a side parting. For the last 8 years I've had my hair shaved - either a grade 1, 2 or 3. Once it grows back to about the length of a grade 3 (so say an inch), the parting starts to form again. The parting line isn't there, but the hair at the front grows off to the side. How do i get rid of this?

Favorite Answer

You would have to "train" it not to do that. Try combing it the way you want every morning or night and using a product to keep it in place. Even this might not work though, I have a middle part that is quite insistant on staying.

Your hair part is caused by the direction of the hair follicle, therefore you will not be able to make it go away. You can grow your hair longer and push the hair in the direction you want, but at the root it will still go in the direction that the hair follicle gives.

Well my hair has always been long, but when I switch my part from left to right or vise versa, I use a hair clip and gel to hold it that way, usually before I go to sleep. The hair then trains itself to go that way.

U have to force it.when i tried to change my parting,i simply part my hair to where i want and force it to stay there in hair clips for the whole day.This can take weeks or months.

when you are at home, pull back your hair and put headband. keep it for some hours before you want to go out. when you will remove your headband you will get your hair well set. you can apply some styling gel before putting headband.