Andy asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

i have a kenwood car system when i put up the volume the sound will just cut off please help?

to get the sound back i have to turn of the unite do you think theirs not enough power to the unite should i connect it direct to the battery

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Z
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It could be a couple things.

1. If your speakers are not up to the task of handling the power output (high amp head units) The unit will "clip" to protect amp and speakers. This could include shutting power down.

2. Make sure your speaker wiring is correct. Balance L to R and fade, front to back is correct. Some older cars used same ground for L&R, you can't do this with new car steroes.

Make sure there are no pinched/burned wires (if installed new)

3. Make sure power supply and ground is intact. A bare wire wrapped around a bolt is NOT a good ground. Whenever you increase sound, you will increase the need for voltage. Are you sure you have 12 volts running into stero? Check with a meter to make sure. (12V DC)

4. If all else fails it may be that the head unit is defective.

But sounds like you have a speaker/wiring issue going on, follow these steps and you should be good to go :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

First you need to make sure no speaker wires are slightly shorting out , causing the amp to shut down.

• outler
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. Boss audio gadget is a robust employer.. so attempt them. 2. dunno 3. in case you placed the audio gadget wrongly, you are able to finally end up detrimental your automobile or turning the vehicle on hearth simply by fact the wires could be placed in a stable way. 4. relies upon on the speaker you have become.. and how many Watts it would be

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.