Black and white -- graphics going mad?

Right, I have a great PC. It's running XP, I have one of the latest graphics cards and it's got widescreen monitor, TFT, I think it's 19"...

Anyway, I bought black and white the other day, the first one, brand new copy. Installed and ran it on my PC -- it works, but the graphics go insane to the point where it's not playable. There are flickering multi-colored triangles coming off of everything. I tried adjusting resolution etc to match between game and normal, and various other settings but nothing changes. Ran it downstairs on a much older PC but through a widescreen plasma TV and it worked. That PC was also running XP but has a much older graphics set up.

Can anyone guess what's wrong or how I can fix it? I really wanna play! :'(

(BTW, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines runs fine)

Favorite Answer

Try updating the graphics card driver to the most recent version. Do this also with Direct X. Most of the time, it comes down to your graphics card not having the most up to date driver installed for it. If that doesn't work, I would contact the company that makes Black and White and see if they have heard of any problems like the one your having.

• gerda

i might recommend inviting her out to a movie or something and perhaps get something to eat after wards. Later interior the nighttime enable her know the type you experience. yet i might recommend making specific she arranged for what you approximately to declare. i might say something like....I evaluate you an exceptionally good buddy of mine and that i might by no potential want that to alter. even if if, I certainly have come to love you as extra beneficial than a chum. i might then enable her know which you do no longer want something from her and if she feels in a diverse way than you recognize. i might basically be certain to no longer placed her under pressure and make it as casual as possible. yet she needs to correctly known the type you experience. yet in any different case to make it non confrontational may be to deliver her a very good long e mail that way she will have time to digest it in the previous seeing you returned and it does not be so awkward. good success!