So, is it ever ethical?

Unless you are a suppporter of Saddam Hussein, we all know what a brutal dictator he was and that he murdered and tortured thousands of his own people. We have seen TV footage, newspaper and magzine photos, online stories, and we have had the personnal accounts of tenths of thousands of Iraquis who fled Iraq over the last 20-30 years.

If all of the above is true then why have a trial if we all knew he would be executed anyway? We all know he NEVER had a chance to win. What is your opinion?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

due process...its a good thing.

However, I can see what your thought process is, and I agree with it

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Even in the world Court with the Nuremberg trials of

World War II, they were given a fair trial, after they slaughtered Jews, homosexuals and Africans from Ethiopia. One is presumed innocent until proved guilty. Saddam was given a fair trial, a chance to repent and showed zero remorse for what he did. It ws far more merciful than what he gave his victims! I hope he is enjoying the mistranslation of virgins for grapes from his Qu'ran!

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

generally revenge is seen unethical because of the fact the guy who's attempting to "get even" is generally no longer purpose. it is the adaptation between "justice" and "revenge". An purpose person (like a decide) will weigh all of the information, evaluate the two sides, and are available up with a punishment it is PROPORTIONAL to the incorrect that replaced into accomplished. generally whilst someone tries to get revenge, they are too emotional to be purpose. they'll take a minor offense, blow it out of share, and that they'll manage the different person WORSE than what they deserve, which makes the different person decide directly to get even returned, and so forth and on indefinitely. and there is likewise the actuality that many times the guy who thinks that they've been harm & needs revenge is in basic terms disillusioned over an basic fake effect, or they get the incorrect person. An purpose person who replaced into no longer in my opinion in touch is extra probably to make certain that. that's this lack of ability for someone to be particularly purpose approximately something that they've been in my opinion in touch in that makes revenge so risky. If somebody particularly did you incorrect, there are generally tips on a thank you to legally handle the incorrect that got here approximately without you taking concerns into your guy or woman palms. If the incorrect which you suffered is so small that it is not worth submitting a lawsuit over, then consistent with risk that's in basic terms too small to tension approximately in any respect. no one is acceptable. you would be happier regular, and characteristic extra constructive relationships, in case you will learn how to easily enable minor issues go.

• 1 decade ago

One of the pillars of liberal society is the rule of law. Regardless of the mounds of evidence or knowledge of his acts, it is important that the establishment of the rule of law (as opposed to the rule of men) be demonstrated to the people of Iraq and to the international community.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are many evil leaders in the world.

We just spent 3000 American serviceman's lives and trillions of dollars to get rid of this one. I've yet to see much good come from it.

• 1 decade ago

Justice must be Seen to be with her skirts on

after all if everyone found out she's a trollope

well can you imagine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because as we all know the Jews control the media and all the good trial attorneys.

• 1 decade ago

Even if a person is guilty they have a right to have their "rights protected" under the law.

• 1 decade ago

We have to give the world an illusion of democracy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a waste of tax dollars, he should have been executed on the spot!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.