help! i want to travel to france with 5 children . do they need their own passports . how do i apply on line?

can you use a E111 card to travel with . or do we need to have picture ID

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You will need a separate full national passport for each person, regardless of their age.

    I have no idea what country you are in, but if you're in the UK (since you mention an E111) then go to to find all the information. I believe you can download and print the application forms, but they have to be completed by hand, and you need to send in photos for each person, each of which has to have been countersigned. Full details on the application forms. Give a minimum of about 2-3 weeks for the passports to be posted back to you.

    You can't travel anywhere these days without a full national passport or ID card, and since the UK does not yet have an ID card scheme (unfortunately), then a passport it is.

    For info, the old E111 paper version has been replaced with a credit card sized health card.

  • You all need your own to leave the country and return.

  • 1 decade ago

    if you are us citizens - yes. if not, check with the french authorities and your own country's embassy or consulate. info for us passports is at this link:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.