Buy Laptop?

My Basic Reqirements are:

1)Working on softwares like Photoshop(Average Level)

2)Play Games like NFS Most Wanted

3)Internet

4)Blutooth

5)Wireless network

IPrice range should be between Rs 50000 to Rs 70000

I would prefer if it is a Sony Laptop

Favorite Answer

based on your requirements i would strongly discourage you from buying a laptop. The reason is simple. laptops perform less compared to desktops.I support that laptops are made for business use ( using word, presentations, internet etc got business purposes) where desktops are used for both office-business and home use. From my own experience as designer and game maniac,you do understand how important is to use photoshop. flash and other media softwares as part of my work. i concluded that laptops do not perform as good as desktops. There are some laptops that do so but the price raises up on demand. money wise its not worthy bearing in mind that you could spend the 1/10 of the actual value of the laptop to buy a powerful desktop that would perform more or less the same as the laptop with less money to spend. For example a powerful and good laptop will cost about 1.5 to 2k where a desktop less than 500 bucks. Overall my suggestion is buy a desktop and i can advice you to build your computer if you want. From there on, its up to you and you decide i guess :)

Source(s): personal experience

I just recently bought a Toshiba A-105 laptop and am very happy with it. They battery lasts around 2-2.5 hours with the stock battery. The graphics flow great without much chop if any at all. It has bluetooth but I just realozed that and am stting it up now. Photoshop shouldn't be a problem with a Gig of ram and a 120 Gig hard drive. The internet is lightning fast with our 2Wire modem that pushes 11Mbps. Make sure you have a wireless modem though. The internet card is amazing, it picks up both of my neighbors' houses internet. I don't know how much Rs50000 is or Rs 70000 but mine was $1100 American dollars and the 4 year accidental damage plan was $400 American dollars. My brother also bought a HP dv6000 for $1600 American dollars with a 4 year accidental damage plan also. It is basically the same but has a 160 Gig hard drive. We are both extremely happy with the mobility of a laptop and the performace it offers.

Since you already make up your mind to buy laptop, go for it.

Laptop main purpose is for mobile. If you don't need it to be mobile, a PC will do the work at lower cost.

But again cost might not be the issue at all.

Buy HP laptop.

if you like Sony Laptop then that is da. one to buy

need a good one for photoshop