My computer won't allow me to access google or my hotmail account. Can anyone tell me why? Please help!?

The internet explorer is the latest edition. I have tried to type www.google.com in the url and also tried to access it by doing a web search and clicking on the link. Everytime, it seems like it times out and won't open it up. I know its not google because I have a laptop that has no problems going to the site. I also have an issue opening up my hotmail account. I can access the login screen, but it will time out while trying to log in. Have been having these problems for about 2 weeks now. I have ran anti-virus and spyware programs and tried re-booting. Also tried cleaning up the system and cache, browsing history, and cookies. Can anyone help, or have some advice as to what might fix this issue?

Favorite Answer

I'm gonna assume that you're not behind a proxy. Sounds like something is blocking the access. The two things I can think of are: check the properties of IE. Make sure all access is granted. The other thing I would check is the firewall. If there happens to be a firewall, turn it off. (hardware or software.) If that doesn't work, see if you can access other e-mail accounts. If you are behind a proxy server, you need to check the settings on the server, and make sure you enter the proxy information into the browse settings.

• mandi

mmm..it would want to be you utilizing many protection softwares so hotmail account might want to take time and furnish you with an blunders message. As you suggested you've internet explorer 7 this may were an challenge because the recent ie might want to have blunders try restoring your computing gadget. Or in case you want an basic way out try disabling all of your protection antivirus,junk mail pop blocker and many extra along along with your IE protection settings to a minimum.

i assume that you got a virus and this is why. I m aware of different kind of viruses released that block the use from viewing google and microsoft website but you gotta scan your computer for viruses and see what happens. Another option is to plug another computer on your place to see if the other computer does google. If yes it means it has to do with your computer and the best way to resolve the problem is kindly yo format and reinstall your copy of windows

Scan the PC with standard antivirus software. If you do not have one, I can give a few links that offer free virus and spy ware removers...!You may be having a virus or spyware installed on your PC. Norton, AVG , Avast are free antivirus software. Ad-aware, Ewido are free spyware removers. You can download free softwares at

http://fixit.in/antivirus.html and http://fixit.in/spywareremover.html