Is a long distance relationship pointless?

i have a bf but its a long distance relationship, do u think it will work?...this guy who lives closer to me likes me as well and i kinda like him but i don no who i like more? wat do i do

Favorite Answer

To be honest long distance relationships just don't work. Go with the guy that lives close and wish the other one good luck.

How often will you get to see your long distance guy?

How long have you been seeing each other?

Are you in love with him?

How long will you be long distance?

If you will only see your long distance guy once a month and you have been with him less than a year and your not sure if it's love and you'll be away from him for more than six months and if you have already slept with the other guy...

then move on to the local guy.

Your other relationship is over.

Good luck!

I think long distance relationships can work but I think you need to have trust and also it can't be an indefinate thing. I'm in a long distance relationship right now, but I know after I finish school, one of us is going to have to move to be with the other.(It will probably be me because of his job.)

My best advice is to follow your heart. I've been tempted by a guy who lives near me, but my love is with my boyfriend who is 3 hours away and who calls me all the time and spends as much time as he can with me. If the long distance guy can't make time for you, maybe you should give the local guy a chance.

• Dennis

Long distance only works if you have that devotion and genuine love for that other person. ALSO if within good reason you too will be together in the long run (i.e. 2 year distance, or however long you think you can wait.).

Like me for example, since i'm in the military for about 2 or so years me and my fiance are gonna see each other a little at a time unfortunately, but for me i love her to death, and it's mutual, so she's certainly worth the wait.

So in YOUR case, gotta measure how good homey is, if he's worth it, and you'll see him and be together at one point, then give it time.

Otherwise, if it's too inconvenient, and you really don't know the other guy in the long distance....go with the convenient guy.

In fact I did just that....i was talking to one girl, and we were real cool, but it was only a blossoming relationship...I also met my fiance, who I was real cool with as well, but I knew it wouldn't be for YEARS until i'd be able to see the other one, and our visits would be very far in between, so it was too inconvenient, and so I chose my fiance. NOW i'm in the stupid long distance again, but now I can easily devote myself to her because our relationship is strong and in full swing, in comparison to the latter of whom wasn't given enough time to work.

Hope that helps.

a long distance relationship is only okay when you are going to be together in the near future. i.e. you have plans to move, he has plans to move, he's in the military and will be back soon, etc. Or if you see each other often enough to make it work. Otherwise, it's just a bit silly. make a clean break now, and if you two really have something together maybe in a couple years you'll be in a better situation to make it work, one of you can move to be with the other.

long distance relationship sometimes are based on illusions or trust and its also quite a gamble,if you have a guy closer to you start thinking about a real relationship with a person that is reachable when you need a hand or a shoulder to cry on when you need it,and its hard to commit to a relationship when its long distance

skip the long distance relationship

go for the guy who lives closer

if you love your bf then it will work, i was in a long distance relationship for over a year -7 months while he was in Iraq...and now we're married. It will work if you want it to

I have to be honest - it doesn't seem to be the distance that is the issue.

• J.M.C

examine your feelings and go with that. I doubt the looooooong distance thing is a goood thing.