Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

There is an ingredient i saw in a recipe and it is called a half and half...anyone knows what that is?

14 Answers

  • DH
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's what many people use as coffee creamer....half cream and half milk!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Half Milk and Half Cream. You can buy it in 99 percent of USA Grocery Stores.

  • 1 decade ago

    half and half is AKA 10% Cream. depending on where you live, this percentage can go up.

    In the United States, cream is usually sold as:

    Half and half (10.5–18% fat)

    Light, coffee, or table cream (18–30% fat)

    Medium cream (25% fat)

    Whipping or light whipping cream (30–36% fat)

    Heavy whipping cream (36% or more)

    Extra-heavy or manufacturer's cream (38–40% or more), generally not available at retail.

    In the United Kingdom, cream is usually sold as:

    Half cream (12%)

    Single cream or light cream (18%)

    Whipping cream (35%)

    Double cream (48%)

    Cream with 30% or more of fat can be turned into whipped cream by mixing it with air. This roughly doubles the cream's volume as air bubbles are captured in a network of fat droplets. If the whipping is continued, the fat droplets stick together and form butter; the remaining liquid is buttermilk.

    Whipped cream is generally sold in bottles in the grocery store

    Whipped cream is sold ready-to-use in pressurized containers, and is colloquially called squirty cream[citation needed]. Nitrous oxide is used as a propellant, and when the cream leaves the nozzle, it produces four times the volume of whipped cream, i.e., twice the volume produced by whipping air into it. Using this technique, it may also be prepared in reusable dispensers, similar to a seltzer siphon bottle, using inexpensive disposable nitrous oxide cartridges.

    Chantilly cream (French: crème Chantilly) is whipped cream with sugar and vanilla.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It's in the milk section at the grocery store. I think it's like half milk and half cream,

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Half and half is a dairy product. Half milk/half cream. You can buy it in the dairy dept of your local grocery right by the milk.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    half and half is 1/2 milk and 1/2 cream

    Source(s): they sell it in U.S in grocery store in dairy department
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It's a dairy product that is half milk half cream

  • MT C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    It available in the dairy section at your supermarket. It is 50/50 mix of milk and cream

  • 1 decade ago

    My grandmother used it this. It is half milk and half cream. Most people use if for coffee. However their are other thing you can use them for. Like hot coco if you make it with water.

    Source(s): Vera C. Anderson
  • 1 decade ago

    half milk, half cream, look in the dairy section of the super marker.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.