Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What business is it of ours, if homosexuals want to marry?

From the religious perspective, how is it moral to enforce your beliefs on this group of people? The exercise of tyranny is not by definition moral.

Favorite Answer

but it is ok to force your moral beliefs on others? is that not being a hypocrite? there are some good answers on here against gay marriage. but if you allow gay marriage then next you have to allow group marriage , marring under age kids and whatever anyone else dreams up. after the state of Mas. allowed gay marriage a bill was offered allowing sex with animals. it is like Pandora's box if you keep it close you do not have to worry about the rest. also there is a quote that goes the biggest oppressors are those that feel oppress.

Oh no! If gays can marry, my husband will run off with another man! I just know it.

Does this sound ridiculous? Thats because it is! How does it effect my marriage? It doesnt. In a country where over half of marriages end in divorce where do we get off talking about the "sanctity" of marriage? Also, I hear christians complain about the promiscuity of gays, but they dont want them to marry and be committed to one partner. Does this make sense?

From a religious perspective,it is written;"Man shalt not lie with another man as he would with a woman.It is an abomination unto 'ME'".Since marriage is a religious ceremony,if performed by clergy,it is bound by the laws of religion.As to gay marriage?Homosexuality is not of the norm,and I refuse to be strong-armed into accepting otherwise.Brand me a bigot.I will not condone gay marriage.Preserve the sanctity of marriage.Stand up for something.You don't stand for something,you don't stand for anything.

Source(s): Only one of 813 commandments.

Thats not all they want , have you ever heard of manba its an organization by these queers that want to be able to have sex with little children ,So either stop them now are we have a huge giant later ,We dont force are beliefs on these people if any thing they shove the garbage down are throats all day long ,But hey maybe your a carpet licker yourself

Know the truth, Homosexuals hang out in restrooms at parks, shopping malls, rest stops, and everywhere young people hang out. They pray on our youth, the reason many are screwed up in the mind in the first place. It's like a cancer, and needs to be stopped. You may not like my answer, but you know it is true. Maybe there are some not like that, but very few. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

two people in love should be allowed to marry if they want to. being heterosexual is no guarantee of fidelity. look at the divorce rate. they certainly can't do any worse.

i would never tell anyone else how to live their life.

blessed be.

edit

i saw a movie once (can't remember the name), it was about different couples and what they had to go through. this one couple had been together since they were very young. one of them died. the remaining partner had absolutely no rights at all. she couldn't even keep the house she had lived in for so many years. i felt so bad for her i almost cried. if they had been allowed to marry things would have happened differently.

Exactly. Thank you.

I seriously do not understand how gay marriage affects anyone except the gay couple who want to spend their life with another with all the rights anyone else has.

For instance, the right to visit your dying mate in the hospital that only allows "family and spouses" into the ICU.

Anyone who would deny them that is cruel and immoral.

I personally don't care what homosexuals do, I just do not want a dime of my tax money supporting that relationship.

If it does not affect my taxes, do what you want.

I remember a preacher/professor who once said, let pagans be pagans.

grace2u

Jesus tells us not to judge others.

But some people turn an obscure Old Testament law (the law right next to killing your child if he swears at you) and uses it to make a political wedge issue.

• I'm a solid republican, and it genuinely mystifies me as well. Who cares? They should be entitled to the misery of marriage just like the rest of us! lol.

We recently had a Constitutional amendment vote in our state, the question was should gay marriage be banned, as well as civil unions. I voted against it because I believe that Constitutions are there to GIVE people rights, not take them away... Ah well. I guess my fellow citizens didn't see it my way, because it passed with an 80% yes vote.