do you believe that, to realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation?

...While other says that one's destiny is written on the stars...

• ?
    Favorite Answer

o well, so much for all this "free will" mumbo jumbo right?

...give me a break. There is no such thing as destiny.

No. To realize the destiny is only the begining. From there we must be willing to travel our path of life to reach that destination. I beleive our destiny is to regain our oneness with God or the Divine. I also believe we create our path and the way to this destiny. Yes, there is the belief that everything is predestined or foreordained. The Law of cause and effect nullifies this concept. As stated in the Bible, as ye sow so shall ye reap. It is a simple concept but people do not like having to take responsibility for their own actions. Sooner or later they will.

We have a free will to choose what we do, say and think. We have the mental powers of reasoning and discrimination. We choose to use these abilities or not. When we do then we can recognize our destiny and move toward it.

For more messages related to this subject and others visit,

http://meta.euleesway.com

No, because if it was it would be perfectly acceptable to claw my way to my destiny over a pile of bodies!

There are obligations to other human beings, too, however much they may seem to get in the way.

Now whether we have a pre-ordained destiny, that gets more involved. There's a nice old story about two preachers in Geneva... but it's too long.

"Men at some time are masters of their fates:

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,

But in ourselves..." Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

We are not obligated to do anything and some people don't. I'm not so big on finding my destiny but I prefer to create my destiny by my choices.

Each man is responsible for his destiny.

The writing on stars, reincarnation, heaven hell...are confusing things made by men.

It needs independent investigation of truth to realize man's destiny, man's free will, man's relation to the One True God and His creation... This knowledge does not come randomly from the stars.

A university professor once told me:

Man is partly the author of his own destiny, and there are outside influences that also have a great bearing on the events and outcome of a man's life.

Choice has much to do with one's destiny.

Make wise choices and pray to God for his good and perfect will for your life regarding those things beyond your control.

.

Source(s): Social Psychology. . See also: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 2 Chronicles 7:12 And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. 13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Jos 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Your destiny is spiritual enlightenment- how and when you achieve it is up to you.

yes .. we have but one life n to realize one's destiny is the duty of all mortal human beings... for deatils read alchemist... paulo coelho.............

No.You have and obligation to give God His glory and honor, and praise also.