What do you do when sleep makes you more tired than you were to begin with?

Favorite Answer

hmmm, i have that problem. i've been told a million different things by a million different doctors who are mostly full of it. just make sure you don't have sleep apnea, that's actually dangerous. for me, it's my damn restless mind that won't let me sleep deeply, simple as that.

Drink an amazing cup of coffee :P

I don't really know though. I haven't slept in 14 hours and it doesn't look like i'll be sleeping anytime soon either :(

You could try jumping jacks... those tend to wake me up. Running is also wicked. Or dance around the kitchen. Or have a shower.

I'm sure the tired feeling will wear off soon enough.

Make plans that you absolutely can't get out of. I have to do that in order to get out of bed sometimes. Becoming tired from sleep is a sign of depression - trust me, it happens to me pretty often. I know that exercise and eating right will make a huge difference but I just can't get myself to do it. Having no choice but to get up and do something is one of the only things that helps me right now.

Read todays article on sleep apnea and schedule yourself for a sleep study.

set ur sleeping time.make sure it's not more and less than u needed.overslept and less sleep makes u feel more tired. try to set some alarm clock or just use your handphone as ur alarm.

Take a Shower!!!!! It really helps send away the sleep.

I would just lay back and down and stay in bed, sleep all I could and maybe get up just for a meal and lay back down. :)

My first thought when I wake. . .coffee. . .in a french press. Make it nice and strong and add a generous amount of cream. . .it will banish the cobwebs :)

Ignore it and forge ahead. Better luck next time, Anashuya.

Do something physical to stimulate my system.

I need to jump start.