my nc car registration has expired so how am i supposed to get my car inspected?

it failed inspection i waited till the last minute to get it reinspected so now the registration is expired and i can't get it inspected at all. needs to be inspected by jan 1 2007 or i have a $250 fine and they block me from getting a valid registration. i need a valid registration to get an inspection what to do?

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's called the concept of choice consequence. YOU waited until the last minute, and failed. So who is at fault? There is a way to get your car registered even if you failed. You chose not to do that, but wait until it had expired. Now you have another choice. You can contact the DMV and find out what to do next and possibly avoid a fine of $250, or you can sit at the computer and ask a bunch of people that don't have a clue.

    If it sounds like I'm beating you up here, I'm sorry, but... It's time to start making better decisions and take some responsibility. If the vehicle failed, it MUST have given you some warning it was having problems. Perhaps a check engine light, or a miss?

    Looks like you will have a fine to pay, since there is no way to contact anyone now until after the new year. Another bad choice on your part.

    Resolve to be better organized in 07, and you'll have a much better year.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago


    Source(s): Vehicle History Search Database :
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    Nc Car Registration

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    1. Register the car. (To do so take the title over to the DMV.

    Write down the actual mileage and take that with you. Also take a copy of your insurance card. If you don't have insurance, you'll need to get it, first. Do not drive the car to the DMV. Have someone else drive you or go in a taxi.)

    2. After the car is registered, go get it inspected. If it needs work to pass, have the place do the work then inspect it. If the place says longer than the 1st to do work, get something in writing from them dated TODAY saying that they are going to do the necessary work and inspect the car.

    3. Take that piece of paper back to the DMV or traffic court. with a copy of the paper on the fine.



    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

    maybe this is a new program NC has, but there is an option to drive your car for 10 days with a temp tag for the purpose of getting it inspected.

    jump to question 14.You basically get a temp tag, get it inspected, then you can get a regular tag. I know this question is old, but It came up on my search so I figured I'd update the answer.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    The absolutely free reverse vin check sites generally provide fake information. To get real information, money will have to be paid. The free searches provide fake information so they can get your email address to send spam.

    Stay away from shady reverse vin check sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Not to mention you won't get a report and you won't get an answer if you try to call for a refund. Stick with a reputable reverse vin check site like that has been around since 1995.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

    flow of identify and/or a invoice of Sale is sufficient to moving possession. while the dealership sells the motor vehicle, the recent shopper will would desire to sign in it of their very own call. you do no longer would desire to resume the registration after merchandising the motor vehicle, nor do you could desire to enable the broker understand the registration is expired.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    try registering it online NCDMV the offices are closed until 1/2/07.

    Source(s): i live in NC
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    go get registration,fix whats wrong get it reinspected,pay fine or walk ,its your problem ,take care of it

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.