Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you agree with Dan Rather, loon Bill O'Reilly gets his talking points from the White House?

I think The White House talks dailly with radical right wing A.M. talk radio hosts and the loons on Fox like O'Reilly and Hannity.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200612200010

Favorite Answer

No, I think that O'Reilly pulls them from his...well, you know where. He is very delusional with most of the garbage that he says.

How would Dan Rather(gate) know? He obviously gets his talking points from the Democratic Party.

And if you really listened to many of the "radical right wing AM talk radio hosts" you'd know that they do not march lock-step with the White House. They OFTEN disagree with certain decisions made by the administration, i.e., the borders, government over-spending, how (not why) the Iraqi war is being executed, etc. So don't make criticisms if you haven't taken the time to do your homework yourself, little girl (versus taking YOUR talking points from the Liberal media).

• rosi l

Dan Rather is not exactly a paragon of virtue. Of course, this is a free country, so you are free to believe whom you would like. I sincerely doubt that the White House communicates with O'Reilly and Hannity or Fox News on a daily basis.

• Bryan

I don't trust anything Dan Rather says and haven't since the fake document scandal. It wasn't the story itself that made me distrust him though. It was his contentions later that even though the documents were faked the story was real. Journalism requires proof in order to maintain integrity. Dan Rather no longer fits the mold of an honest journalist. As for Bill O'Reilly, well he just annoys me in general so I don't really care where he gets his stories from as I don't watch his show or listen to his radio program.

I just love the fact that people believe the things that come out of a proven liar's mouth. It makes me very happy that Dan Rather can still carry the banner for the loopy lefties even though it's been proven that he wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him across the face. He even makes me look good. I know that Keith Olbermann gets his talking points from Venus, or maybe even Mars. If you look close you can see George Soros hand sticking into his back making his mouth move. Us LIBTARDS love Keith Olbermann because of his amazing talent of being able to convince other LIBTARDS that he knows what he's talking about, when it's obvious that he's brain damaged.

So let me get this straight, in your opinion Fox News broadcasts both sides of a story and that is wrong ? You also are saying that just because they slant towards Conservative views, that's wrong ? Or are you really saying , because they let the viewers decide on stories and not follow the mainstream medias anti Bush campaign they are loons ? Dan Rather is a good source, isn't he the one that screwed up a report on President Bush ? Wasn't it found that the supposed facts were later found to be untrue ? Didn't he lose his anchor job because of this ? Fox News is number one for a reason. They report the whole story regardless of where it may lead. It is too bad the other news organizations can not get over their hate for Bush and start reporting without bias.

And does the White House in that case, not talk to Dan Rather? I would think that they are in sync with what the White House policies are, and do talk with the President when he is interviewed by them.

• Jane

Yes, that was the clincher. They both arrogantly agreed they were of the white male Christian power while discussing the influx of non resident Mexican aliens. How racist could they get! In the interview in May, 2007,McCain also said "we have a strong economy and a low unemployment. In Sept of 2008 he said, "The fundamentals of the economy are strong." Then we had a financial collapse. On October 7th he reinterpreted his quote by having us believe he was talking about the "fundamentals" of the American people that are strong. Huh?? I say, " Do yourself a favor and save yourself any more embarrassment, go and eat crow, Senator McCain."

Dan Rather is to Liberalism as Bill O'Reilly is to conservatism.

Dan has always appeared to be liberal, and I guess in some way we should be glad that there are two different views since we obviously have two different views in society.

FOXnews is very chummy with this administration. Why else would they have a former Fox reporter as part of the public relations bit? Why else would they use CIA-owned charter jets to fly Bill O'Reilly(yes, he admitted to using a certain charter company known to be a CIA front) around the country?

• Lynn G

Who care what Dan Rather thinks? He is a bitter, bitter old man who is still ashamed of his own mistakes on the air.

Bill O'Reilly is one smart cookie who refuses to be bullied by the likes of you and other traitorous Americans.