dvd player has no sound...?

widows media player gives me a C00D11B1 code, i tried to trouble shoot with no luck, and my volumes are up. drivers updated. dont know what else, it was working, now its not.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

are you sure you didn't accidently mute it last time you exited?? if not then do you have sound on anything else? you may need to either re-install your sound drivers or get a new sound card, but I would re-install drivers first........

• Login to reply the answers
  • bobweb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

First, we'll ask if it's a software or hardware problem. Can you play an audio cd on the computer through Windows Media? Can you plug earphones into the player or your sound card? Once you know the DVD hardware itself is ok, you can concentrate on whether it's your Windows system software or some application software that's the problem. Of course it's assumed that you've opened and checked all the related sound icons under "control panel" and that the little speaker icon in your system tray (lower right corner of your desktop) is there and turned on full volume.

• Z
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Try this link (if you havent already)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/play...

Try the following,

1. Click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices and make sure your sound card/source is seleted on audio tab for playback. Additionally make sure sound volume is up and not muted.

1. Do you have any sound? Windows startup jingle?

If you have latest drivers installed, you may have driver corruption. Try uninstalling sound software through add remove programs, then remove from device manager, restart reinstall drivers.

2. If you have sound in other programs/apps, maybe you could try another player..

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&...

Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

hey there ! Did you try checking all of your cords? Pull them out and then put em back, make sure they are in the right spot. Wiggle them around . Volume control?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.