plug my PS2 to T.V and ethernet wire from modem to PS2 it will work?

or do i need something else? cheers

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope! not unless you are getting an IP address via DHCP and your modem (router) is not using mac address filtering. In my country Internet services are not available for the PS2 so all i can give you is info on how routing and communication occurs over the Internet. If internet services are available in your country for the PS2, then use the methodology below to help you get it connected and set up:

If you are using a 'modem' as you put it, you will most probably have 1 public ip address which is dynamically assigned to you. You need to find out if this device uses NAT or PAT in order to use this Internet connection with your PS2 and another device. You will also need to assign your PS2 an address in the same subnet and ip range as the 'modem' you are using. The usual address range these things are on by default is the class C addressing range (starting at 192.168.0.0) Try giving your PS2 the address 192.168.0.2 and setting the gateway as the modems ip address. Failing this go into the HTTP interface of your 'modem' (if it has one) and enable DHCP server. Start the range at 192.168.0.2 and choose either DHCP or whatever automatic address assignment wording the PS2 uses to get an IP address.

Hope this helps.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have the PS2 internet expansion into the back of your PS2 you should be able to connect any internet cable into it and it will work.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.